Is it possible that either you've imported the PDF of the chart into
the frame that held the drawn graphic chart, or you've inadvertently
copied a frame on top of the frame that contains the chart? I suspect
this happened when you dragged the frame on the master page, if, while
you held Ctrl to change the text pointer to the graphic pointer in
order to select the frame, you dragged the frame with Ctrl still
pressed.

HTH

Regards,

Peter