Yay! That's something I haven't tried! Sounds like it'll work!

Thanks, Peter!

Linda

-----Original Message-----
From: knowhowpro at gmail.com [mailto:knowhow...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Peter
Gold
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 2:32 PM
To: Branam, Linda C
Cc: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: TOC/Index unformatted

Hi, Linda:

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Branam, Linda C <branam at hp.com> wrote:
> I'm a newbie to the list and to FrameMaker. I am working on my first document
> and when I Update Book, the TOC and Index are created, but they are not
> formatted.
>
> Can anyone tell me what's wrong and how to resolve it?
>

> Thanks,
> Linda
> Linda Frost Branam
> Senior Technical Editor - Aesbus Knowledge Solutions HP Personal
> Systems Group--Notebooks

Your documentation team should have a formatted TOC and index template for the
doc set you're working on. Check with your teammates and manager for their
location. When you find them, open them, and open the unformatted generated TOC
and index you created. With the unformatted TOC active, use File > Import >
Formats and choose the TOC template to import its formatting; do the same from
the unformatted index.

HTH

Regards,

Peter