Mark,

You wrote:

>We want to be able to include a color image logo on the first page of
>each chapter. We do not want the image to be printable from the pdf
>file. Is there any way in which this can be done?
>
>We're using FrameMaker 7.x, Acrobat 5, 6, and 7 (but we mostly print
>directly from FrameMaker using Distiller 3.0).

The "display but don't print" behavior can be specified in Acrobat (through
the Watermark feature or through a form field).

Shlomo Perets

MicroType * FrameMaker training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers

30 Easy Ways to Improve PDFs with TimeSavers/Assistants:
http://www.microtype.com/ImprovePDF.html