On 12 Feb 2009 at 10:27, Alan Litchfield wrote:

> Actually that is interesting. While it has not happened on my machine I
> have experienced that with others who are using both 7.1, 7.2 and 8. When
> the bar is unlocked from the menu they rotate correctly. That is, as a
> floating palette.
> Alan Litchfield MBus (Hons), MNZCS
> >
> > I've got two writers with the same unique problem. They've both had
> > FrameMaker 7.1 installed on Windows XP machines. Neither of them can
> > rotate the quick access tool bar by hitting the blue up/down arrows or
> > by choosing next/previous from the center button. Any ideas before I
> > call our help desk for a re-install?
> >
> > -Nicole

Dear Nicole and Alan,

I had the same problem on FM installations in the Technical Universtity
in Zurich (ETH). After long investigations, i have found out the
reason:

If FM is installed without admin privileges then this problem occurs.
It is strange, but there are so many programs which do not behave
without admin rights at insallation time...

HTH
Klaus Daube
http://mymemo.ch und nie mehr einen Gedanken oder Termin verpassen.
Docu + Design Daube; Sch?racher 11; CH-8053 Z?rich
Technical documentation & consultancy; On-line and paper
F: +41-44-422 86 25  E: ddd at daube.ch  W: www.daube.ch