Maximum quality Automatic (JPEG) compression with downsampling to 300dpi for
images
over 450dpi should maintain exceptionally high quality for photographic images
using
JPEG compression and ZIP compression for vector-like images (such as screen
shots).

Alternatively, maximum Automatic (JPEG2000) compression will yield similar
quality
at a slightly larger PDF file size.

        - Dov