Hi Sue!

It is not a table on the reference pages, but a specific page itself - the TOC
reference page which will have a matching flow tag of TOC

You'll see a number of paragraph with text such as <$paratext> <$pagenum> and
if you click in these they will have tag names like Heading1TOC, Heading2TOC,
etc.

You can edit these to include a number of different building blocks, including
<$paranum> to extract the autonumber of the paragraph in your document.? There
is also a <$chapnum> building block.? Other text, such as a tab character,
dashes or spaces, that you manually enter in the "template" paras on the ref
page will be included in the generated document for all entries of the
specified styles.

You can format these paragraphs in traditional fashion through the paragraph
 designer, such as adding a tab stop with leader dots (you will have to add the
tab character itself in the paragraph on the reference page) or setting indents
so Heading 2's are offset below their Heading 1 entries.

In the end, you should have paragraphs on the ref page something like this
(where <t> is a tab character):

<$paranum><t>???
<$paratext><t>..............................<$chapnum>-<$pagenum>

Once you have created a TOC, you should make these changes on the reference
page of the TOC file itself, not in the individual files themself.?? You can
also save the TOC to use as a template for other books, if all your
documentation uses the same paragrpah styles.

I hope this helps...

? Les