This is a Windows issue rather than a FrameMaker issue, per se. FrameMaker has
always worked this way on Windows platforms, and probably always will because
it uses the Windows file selection dialog, which doesn't pass the files to the
application in the same order in which the user lists them.

One thing you can try is selecting the files in reverse numerical order (e.g.
from the bottom of the file browser to the top, or from top to bottom with the
sort order inverted). But even this doesn't work perfectly because either the
first file or the last file (I don't remember which at them moment...) will
still be at the wrong end of the list. But at least you only have to reorder
one or two files instead of all of them.
-Fred Ridder