Dear Framers,

Hello. This is my first post to this ML. Nice to meet you.
Now, I have a question about the Russian font encoding in MIF 7.0.
The Russian strings are described in hexadecimal code format in MIF 7.0.
However, the hexadecimal codes do not match to standard
Windows Cyrillic character encoding (Windows 1251).

Example 1: c (Russian lower case "Es")
        In MIF: \x96
        Windows Cyrillic (Windows 1251): \xF1

Example 2: ?(Russian upper case "Ze")
        In MIF: \x82
        Windows Cyrillic (Windows 1251): \xC7

Environment
        OS: Windows XP
        FrameMaker: 9.0
        MIF version: 7.0
        Font: Helvetica Ten Cyrillic (Type 1)
        (Because of some external applications, I cannot use Unicode.)

I checked other Cyrillic encodings (for example, CP866), but I could
not find
the encoding that matches to the one used in MIF.

What encoding does MIF 7.0 use for Cyrillic?

Best Regards,
Hirofumi Oishi

--
Hirofumi Oishi