I'm seeing something odd when I work on FrameMaker files here which I don't see
in a new FrameMaker document, to do with selection of text by clicking. These
files come from a specific template that originated at another company based in
India as far as I know.

The default behaviour in FrameMaker is that double-clicking selects a word and
triple-clicking selects a paragraph, as we all know. In these files:

. double-clicking does nothing

. triple-clicking selects a word

. quad-clicking selects a word as well

. five clicks are required to select a paragraph

Is there anything that could explain this? It all seems a bit sluggish, too,
despite the fact that the files aren't excessively large.

I tried MIFing the files, and this odd problem goes away, as does the
sluggishness. As a wise friend is wont to write, 'Go figure' ;-)

--
Steve Rickaby                      <http://www.linkedin.com/in/steverickaby>

WordMongers Ltd                    <http://www.wordmongers.com>
Registered office Larks Cottage, Treen, St Levan, Penzance TR19 6LG
Registered in the UK, company number 3130681, VAT reg no GB 557 4598 91
Telephone/fax: 01 736 810000