Hi all,

I'm experiencing some very weird Table of Contents behavior in a book I am
writing.   I'm using FrameMaker 7.0 (unstructured), p579, Windows XP Pro., SP3.

I created a book using A5-sized pages.  Each chapter contains a chapter title
and various heads.    When I generate the TOC, it lists the chapter contents
above the chapter title, instead of below it.

For example, this is the TOC ordering I would expect:

1 Overview

1.1    Introduction

1.2    Configurations

2 Getting Started

2.1    Introduction

2.2    Unpacking

2.2.1  Setting Up

Instead, when I generate a TOC,  I get:

1.1    Introduction

1.2    Configurations

1 Overview

2.1    Introduction

2.2    Unpacking

2.2.1  Setting Up

2 Getting Started

I do not understand why FrameMaker puts the chapter title subordinate to the
contents. The reference pages for the TOC file look correct and the Reference
page tags appear fine: ChaptTitleTOC, 1headTOC, 2headTOC, etc.   The only thing
different about this book is that I used A5-sized pages.  I tried not using
numbered heads in the chapters, and the same thing happens.

Can anyone explain this odd TOC behavior or suggest something that I might be
overlooking?

Thanks so much for your help.

Diana

Diana Rubin
Learning Products Developer
TAD onsite at Philips Healthcare
Patient Monitoring Systems, 4-2/D4

*     978-659-2836
7      978-659-7323
*     0097

The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally
protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the