I have generally not heard positive experiences with FM8 and WebDav. I
would love to hear otherwise.

Adobe put a substantial amount of effort into improving WebDav support
in FrameMaker 9. I might consider migrating forward, if WebDav support
is important.

The FrameMaker 9 Reviewers Guide provides some details about the
improved FM9 WebDav support.
http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2009/01/adobe_framemaker_9_is_here_1.html

-Alan
---