>From your first issue, I think you're missin the point of "As Is". The idea is
>that when you apply such a character tag, you change only the non-As Is
>property(ies) and the remaining properties are untouched. This means that a
>character tagged as Superscript is *supposed to* keep the font and size
>attributes of the character that preceded it.

What the Superscript property does is reduce the actual size from the nominal
size by a specified percentage, and elevate the character above the baseline by
a specified percentage of the nominal point size. (These percentages are set on
a global per file basis in the Format>Document>Text Options dialog.) The
*nominal* size is unchanged; only the actual size changes. If you use the
default superscript percentage settings, a 30-pt character that you superscript
will be the same size as a normal 24-pt character (80% of 30 pts), and it will
be elevated by 9 pts (30% of 30 pts). If you want the superscript a little
smaller, set the percentage to 75% or 70%, but be aware that it will affect the
whole file.

If you really, really need two different superscript settings, and you will
*never* need to use subscript, you can specify a negative offset value for the
subscript definition to turn it into a second superscript with different
percentages.

-Fred Ridder