Dear all,

I am trying to have an italic default font for greek characters in
FrameMath of FM8 Windows. I modified mathchar.cfg, but only the font
family changed, not the angle. I tried the following, using Times font
for simplicity:

<MetaFamily Symbol
  < alpha       61 Times Italic >

and also

<MetaFamily Symbol
  < alpha       61 Times Italic Regular>

Any ideas how to get the italic font by default?

Another idea I had is to use the greek characters within the Times New
Roman font, but how to assign the 4-digit hex character codes to the
FrameMath elements in mathchar.cfg? By default 4 digits are interpreted
as two 2-digit numbers, and two characters are displayed accordingly.

I know that I could use FrameMath Reference pages, but for some reasons
I prefer to enforce the italic font for equations on a system level
rather than on document level.

Best regards,

Winfried Schepers
Berlin Institute of Technology