HI All,
I'm using Adobe Framemaker 8 from the technical suite

Currently, we are converting our FM files into XML and then inputting info into
a database. From this database we will be creating our FM files again.

Now, in the XML file we noticed something strange that the smart quotes get
translated into some unintelligible letters - apparently the Unicode or
something.

Can anyone tell me what the Unicode for the begin, end smart double and single
quotes are, so that we may perform a search and replace to normal (straight)
quotes in the XML ?
Or how I would replace them?
In the future - we'll know to do this first in the FM - but for now we've
already begun working in XML and don't want to convert again.

Thanks
 Orly Z.