Art Campbell wrote:
> Have you tried saving the files and the TOC file out as MIF, and opening and
> saving those files? Then update the book? Also, I think the f: message means
> that you have a character format in play, but I don't have a version that
> old on this system to check. You may want to select the para tag and reapply
> it, or try setting the character tag to Default.
>
> Art Campbell
>          art.campbell at gmail.com
>  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and a
> redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
>                                                      No disclaimers apply.
>                                                               DoD 358
>

> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 10:34 AM, <strewth at rcn.com> wrote:
>
>> New TOC.
>>
>> I believe the new template uses the same colors, etc.
>>
>> Frame 7.2, WIndows XP, network drive.
>>
>> I've never had this problem before and I work on about 20 manuals.
>>
>> What's interesting is that in the chapters, the headings that are appearing
>> as red in the TOC are black, but the status bar at the bottom of the page
>> says f:Red. So even if I make a new TOC, unless I can figure out how to
>> change the headings to say f:Black, I'm kind of hosed.

The presence of "f:Red" indicates that a character tag named Red has
been applied; the fact that the text is in fact black suggests that the
character tag in the chapter is defined with black text colour, in spite
of its name.  The same character tag in the TOC may be defined as you
would expect with red text colour, thus producing red text only in the
TOC.  I'd take a look at the character tag definitions in the offending
chapters, and do as Art suggests in reapplying default para font to the
problem headings.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

"He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand
your words."

-- Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915)