BILL: Generally I agree, but I think in this specific case the application that
Joe is documenting really varies between Linux and
Windows. At least, that's what I gathered from: "Originally, I was told that
these differences would eventually go away and that the
user experience would be identical on both operating systems. This hasn't
happened. The differences have grown."

B: A great reason to ask for that in writing ;) If they 'tell' you that it will
go away and that UX will become the same, then
they'll change and not do it. If they put it in writing at least you can go
back with that and say "look...." and then smack them.
With a large, cold, dead fish. Repeatedly. No jury of MY peers would convict
you.