Thank you very much Martin. I was beginning to think I was going to have to
recreate a 185 page container file from scratch.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Martin Ley
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 12:00 PM
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Frame/PDF crashing again after Acrobat update - reapply hotfix

Hi Framers,

A while ago I had weeks of woes with mega-crashes while trying to print to
PDF from Frame books. Eventually, the cure was to apply the hotfix that lots
of people mentioned (I say eventually, because I couldn't download it for
ages, and assumed it would never work for me).

Well, everything's been fine for a couple of months, then Adobe updated
Acrobat, which I assume stiffed the Distiller or something, because I
started getting crashes again while building PDFs from FM book files.

For example:

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
%%[Page: 1]%%
%%[Page: 2]%%
%%[Page: 3]%%
%%[Page: 4]%%
%%[Page: 5]%%
%%[Page: 6]%%
%%[Page: 7]%%
%%[Page: 8]%%
%%[Page: 9]%%
%%[Page: 10]%%
%%[Page: 11]%%
%%[Page: 12]%%
%%[Page: 13]%%
%%[ Error: ioerror; OffendingCommand: imageDistiller ]%%

Stack:
-dict-
-mark-
-save-

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

Naturally, this happened while I was up against a deadline, but I thought
"Hmmm, I wonder if I apply the hotfix again, it will cure things"...

Yes. Joy!

The page to look at for info on the hotfix is:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=952909

Read the bumf then click the View and request hotfix downloads link near the
top of the page (you need to do this, as you eventually get an email with
the right link and a password).

It took me ages to get the correct link/hotfix for some reason.

Hope this helps someone.

Martin

Martin Ley, Em-Dash Publications
84 High Street, Burwell, CAMBRIDGE, CB25 0HD

T   +44 1638 744173           M  +44 7803 297354
W  em-dash.com     E  martin at em-dash.com
VAT 823339730