Sheila,

You wrote:

>We are using Corbel font in FM9 on Windows XP. We've encountered issues
>where there appears to be "an extra" space in the font whenever there is an
>"i" after the letter "d" or some other letter which is followed by the
>letter "i". This only occurs on generated PDFs and sometimes in the printed
>output. Sometimes, it does not occur initially, visibly, on screen in the FM
>file, but it may appear visibly after a PDF is generated. The following are
>examples:
>
>"Radio" looks like "Rad io"
>"Heading" looks like "Head ing"
>"Edited" looks like "Ed ited"
>"Installing" looks like "Install ing"
>
>Has anyone experienced this?

No specific experience with Corbel, but some pointers nevertheless...

-- Have you used this font successfully with earlier versions of
FrameMaker? How does it behave when used in other applications (eg MS Word)?

-- Is the problem present when the Adobe PDF printer driver is selected (or
preferably set as the default printer driver in FM), or does it show up
only when switching between printer drivers?

-- Does the problem show up when saving as PDF from FM9 or also when
printing to a .ps file and distilling it?
[When using FM9 and saving as PDF, make sure that "Convert CMYK Colors to
RGB" is turned ON. If this box is turned off, various problems may be
encountered, including font-related problems]

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/TCS training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants
"Improve Your FrameMaker Skills" 1-hour web training sessions