I will not be doing a major catalog in InDesign. That would take who knows how
long. Framemaker is the best thing out there for catalogs period.

I have found, with Dov's help, that save as pdf, with the right acrobat
options, is giving me true grayscale. But I know there are some concerns with
this process too. I'm still doing some testing with my printer on settings as
we speak. We are also testing spot color now as that is a major issue with many
of my clients as they like to use it in the catalog.

I was also explaining to Jacob Schaffer that if I had to tell potential
customers of our software, that to make Framemaker work you have to buy this
software and that software to work with our xml dump... Can you imagine how
much more difficult it would be to make a sale? Most of my clients are not tech
savy and buy our filemaker solution to print flyers (using InDesign) and
catalogs (Framemaker) and drive an eCommerce site without them having to be
experts. If it seemed this software was complicated to run then they would go
else where. This is why we worked directly with Framemaker years ago to ensure
our solution worked with what Adobe was providing when it came to Framemaker
importing our code and allowing our clients to create a cost-effective catalog.
And it still does, but since the windows-only version came out, and support
when overseas, Frame has become more and more difficult to meet my customers'
print needs.

I have to ensure I can properly teach these folks what they need to do and
expect. Thus the testing continues.

Scott White
Media Production & EBC Manager
Implementation Coordinator