This has been discussed a lot, so you may want to do some Googling for
existing info.

My take on it would be to get everyone on the same platform if at all
possible, especially if you use any special characters because trying to go
back and forth between versions using MIF is doable... but a real PITA if
you have to convert between old character sets and Unicode, which has been
the standard since 8.

You're right, in that you can work well with FM without full Acrobat
support, but again you're going to run into a problem trying to maintain
compatibility with older FM and Acrobat versions. You'll especially miss out
on electronic review support if you try to mix versions. So that would be
another argument to get people to FM 9 and use the built-in functionality.

TCS, by the way, is at version 2, not 4. But because Acrobat and Photoshop
have already revved since that release, I'd expect either a point or new
full release sometime within the next 6 months or so. And if you do check it
out, if you have to upgrade two of the applications included in the TCS,
it's usually more cost effective to just go to the Suite and get more
applications and hidden inter-program hooks that aren't activated in
stand-alone programs.

Art

Art Campbell
          art.campbell at gmail.com
  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and
a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358