Windows XP Service Pack 3
FrameMaker 8

Hi,

I have some FM files that were created in Word some time ago, then
imported into FM more recently.

In FM, we were able to remove all the artifacts from Word except for the
color definitions. We are not using any of the Word colors in the FM
files, but we can't delete them from the files' color catalogs, either.
The colors are listed in the Color Definitions window and in the
Character Designer window. They are labeled "RGB <RGB_number>", such as
RGB 177,197,218. The usual FM procedure for deleting colors simply
doesn't work; nor did Toolbox (it threw errors -17 and 12).

It appears that the Word colors are embedded in the FM files in a unique
way that prevents them from being deleted. Any ideas on how we can
delete them?

= Mike Bradley
  www.techpubs.com