Be that as it may, Adobe's desire for conformity should not deprive
users of the ability to set their own color schemes. Just a little
matter of user control that the Adobe mandarins of design seem
unwilling to surrender.

That said, it would be a welcome addition to the entire Windows
interface to allow users to assign different color schemes to
different apps.  I would like to be able to distinguish my FM windows
from my Visio or Excel or what have you by color instead of all apps
being presented in a tuberculous ward gray.

So yes, IMHO the CS splash screens are now uniformly pathetically ugly.

Will White
Monrovia CA