I'm just curious if there is a way to automate merging parts of a pdf document
into an existing Frame file?

By parts, I mean a specific paragraph, table, figure, etc of a pdf file (not
the entire file) that needs to be merged into an existing Frame file. The
different text/tables/figs would be quite random (not standardized
text/numbers) so I wasn't sure how it could be automated.

or,

What if both files were Frame files, would there be a way to automate the
merging of two Frame files (again only specific text, tables/figs from one of
the the filed would be merged into the other).

Thanks
Julie