I could use some insight into a situation I haven't encountered before today:
how does one best respond to a request (read: order) to include something in
their product's documentation about a functionality that will not be released
with the upcoming release?(it will?still be in development)?but is hoped to be
ready "shortly" (whatever that means)?after the product is released.
?
I've politely pointed out that industry best practice is to document what IS as
opposed to what WILL BE and that certain liabilities might be incurred if
promises are made and then something goes wrong.
?
Any thoughts?