From: Combs, Richard [mailto:richard.co...@polycom.com]
Sent: July 11, 2011 11:34 PM
To: Michael Morling; framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: Columns don't flow

Michael Morling wrote:

> I have an 8.5 x 11 page divided into two equal columns with content in
> each.
>
> When I get to the bottom of the right column the text seems to pile up
> rather than flow to the next page.

Ctrl-click the text frame, right-click, and select Object Properties. In the
Customize Text Frame dialog box, under Flow, is Autoconnect checked? If not,
that's the problem. That option tells FM to automatically create additional
pages as necessary to hold all the text in the flow.

But don't just turn it on there. This option should be set on your master
pages. If you're fairly new to FM and don't know about flows and master pages,
and how they work to control the layout of your document, you'll need to spend
some quality time with the manual, a third-party book on FM (any version,
really; this stuff hasn't changed since the dawn of time), or at least the
online help. :-)

HTH!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer