On 26/07/2011 12:35 PM, Phillip Norman wrote:
> Odd behavior of my printing continues.
>
> Phenomenion One: File acquires errors while open for printing.
> An old document with many photos printed fine. Another printed without
> error, once. Then with file open and no saves, each successive printing
> as pdf, had more grayed graphics. Occurs without Phenomenon Two,
> permisions hangup. If I save the open FrameMaker file, it is corrupted.
>

> Phenomenon Two: Interfering administrator permissions for print, dialog.
> In FrameMaker, attempting to print PDF, I get dialog Save PDF File as
> (pathname and file name I chose).
> And dialog:
> You don?t have permission to modify files in this network location.
> Contact the administrator per permission to make these changes.
>
> Click OK, and I get invitation to overwrite my chosen filename. The
> overwritten file has random graying of graphics.
>

> Phenomenom Three: odd file creation.
> I get documents with odd file names such as, with zero content,
> especially with crashes. Crashes most often occur with graphics
> overload, such as scrolling too fast.
> Example names:
> Filename.auto.fm.149
> Filename.auto.fm.F3E
> (I work with hiding of extensions for known file types.)

It really sounds like a desperatly low memory problem, and you still
haven't told us anything about your hardware.

Win 7 requires 1 GB of RAM, according to Microsoft; their specs are
usually the absolute bare minimum that will allow a system to run.

How much RAM do you have, and how many other programs or processes are
you running at the same time as FM/Acrobat?  Have you had a look at your
Task Manager Processes and Performance tabs (or whatever Win 7 calls
them) while working with your files?

More info may help...

--
Stuart Rogers