Tim Pann wrote:

> With all due respect, "the way it's supposed to work"? If Adobe
> gathered 100 Technical Writers together and asked them whether they
> would rather A) be able to create a new Master Page with a different
> page size in the same file; or B) generate a book even if they wouldn't
> otherwise need one and create a separate file dedicated to the
> different page size and then add it to the book and then go about
> setting all of the pagination etc. etc.... I think the vote would
> indicate how it's "supposed" to work, and I doubt 'B' would get the
> majority of the votes.

OK, I'll rephrase: it's the way that's consistent with the design philosophy
behind FM. As I said, this is the way the creators of FM intended it to work.

If you're correct, that's too bad. Because the people who prefer A don't
understand FM's book/file paradigm, and they don't realize that putting the
oversized page in a separate file is at least as easy as -- if not easier than
-- ensuring that text reflow doesn't mess up their lovely
mixed-sizes-in-one-file pagination. :-)

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.