From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Grant Hogarth
Sent: May 18, 2011 4:25 PM
To: STC Lone Writers; framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: FrameMaker 10 on Win XP32 crashing regularly --anyone else have this
peoblem?

I get irregular, but multiple crashes in a day, which is getting very
annoying.
Here's what I know:
It's a bog-standard user manual.
Document is short (<250pp), uses only a few fonts, two conditions, and a
dozen variables.
There are three generated files (TOC, IX, and 1 LOP).
320 referenced graphics (.pngs, stored 1 level below the text files).

I have been trying to use the "Track edits" feature (no, not the "show
changebars", although I have that on as well), and this appears to be
the culprit.
The other possibility is RAM (only 1GB).

So... thoughts?