Create a third, blank FM file with the correct variables set. Import the
variables from that template into each of the two other FM files so that they
are using the same variables.

Nadine

>I inherited this book so I don't know what kind of messes are lurking
>in the source, so I want to check that all the variables in two .fm
>files are the same before I modify one to update the other.
>
>The obvious thing seemed to be to bring up the Variables pod and
>switch between the two files to see if there are any differences, but
>(1) the pod can't be maximized, (2) at its maximum size it displays
>only about 2/3 of the variables, and (3) when I switch from one file
>to the other the pod scrolls back up to the top. (What idiot designed
>this?)
>
>Suggestions? I can use the Select: All Open Docs option, but the
>differences aren't as immediately apparent as switching between
>windows, so I'm afraid I'll miss something.
>or visit
>http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/rebecca.officer%40alliedtelesis.co.nz
>
>Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com. Visit
>http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.
>
>NOTICE: This message contains privileged and
confidential
>information intended only for the use of the addressee
>named
above. If you are not the intended recipient of
>this message you are hereby
notified that you must not
>disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance
on it.
>If you have received this message in error please
>notify Allied
Telesis?Labs Ltd immediately.
>Any views expressed in this message are
those of the
>individual sender, except where the sender has the
>authority
to issue and specifically states them to
>be the views of Allied Telesis
Labs.