From: framescript-users at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:framescript-us...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Combs, Richard
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2012 5:25 PM
To: Craig Ede; framers at lists.frameusers.com
Cc: framescript-users at yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [framescript-users] RE: Word to Frame hyperlink weirdness

Craig Ede wrote:

> I think the Adobe's recommendation is to just use File > Open on Word
> docs (rather than import). Doesn't Import just result in a text inset?

The Import dialog gives you two options. Import by Reference results in a text
inset. Copy into Document pastes the contents of the Word doc (after filtering)
into the FM doc.

The best way to get a Word doc into FM depends on the Word doc, the phase of
the moon, and who knows what else, so it's best to experiment. IIRC, it's been
suggested that the RTF Japanese filter is from a different company and works
better (even for English) than the regular Word or RTF filters.

Keith's message (which I don't think appeared on FrameUsers) doesn't mention
the FM version. For older versions of FM and newer versions of Word, you need
to save the Word doc as RTF or as a Word 97-2003 doc, and that would be worth
experimenting with even in FM 9/10.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom
303-223-5111
------
rgcombs AT gmailDOTcom
303-903-6372
------
__._,_.___
Reply to sender<mailto:richard.combs at
Polycom.com?subject=RE%3A%20%5Bframescript-users%5D%20RE%3A%20Word%20to%20Frame%20hyperlink%20weirdness>
 | Reply to group<mailto:framescript-users at
yahoogroups.com?subject=RE%3A%20%5Bframescript-users%5D%20RE%3A%20Word%20to%20Frame%20hyperlink%20weirdness>
 | Start a New
Topic<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/framescript-users/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJldHZvNWc3BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzMDQyODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3MTgxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM0MjMwMTEwNA-->
Messages in this
topic<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/framescript-users/message/10308;_ylc=X3oDMTM2cnAzcTFhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzMDQyODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3MTgxBG1zZ0lkAzEwMzEwBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM0MjMwMTEwNAR0cGNJZAMxMDMwOA-->
 (3)
Recent Activity:
Visit Your
Group<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/framescript-users;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZ2ZyMGdsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzMDQyODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3MTgxBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTM0MjMwMTEwNA-->
    To contact the list moderator, email: framescript-users-owner at
yahoogroups.com<mailto:framescript-users-owner at yahoogroups.com>
    To change your email address or delivery options, visit:
    To promote this group on your web site, visit:

[Yahoo!
Switch to: Text-Only<mailto:framescript-users-traditional at
yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional>, Daily
Digest<mailto:framescript-users-digest at
yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest> *
Unsubscribe<mailto:framescript-users-unsubscribe at
yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe> * Terms of
Use<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
.

__,_._,___

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY This e-mail, including all materials contained in or
attached to this e-mail, contains proprietary and confidential information
solely for the internal use of the intended recipient. If you have received
this email in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail or otherwise
and ensure that it is permanently deleted from your systems, and do not print,
copy, distribute or read its contents.

AVIS DE CONFIDENTIALIT? Le pr?sent courriel, y compris tous les documents qu'il
contient ou qui y sont joints, renferme des renseignements exclusifs et
confidentiels destin?s uniquement ? l'usage interne du destinataire pr?vu. Si
vous avez re?u le pr?sent courriel par erreur, veuillez nous aviser
imm?diatement, notamment par retour de courriel, et vous assurer qu'il est
supprim? de fa?on permanente de vos syst?mes; veuillez ?galement vous abstenir
d'imprimer, de copier, de distribuer ou de lire son contenu.