Well, let's see, off the top of my head:

1. Word2013 isn't available yet, so it's going to be hard for your
developers to make use of it anytime soon. Not only that, but
according to one article, it won't work on any OS prior to Windows 7.

2. From the article I saw on PCWorld, when it IS available, you've got
the issue with it defaulting to saving out to Microsoft's
Skydrive--does your scrum master, much less your company, really want
to put its IP out in the cloud? Particularly a cloud they don't
control? I've seen no mention (so far, but admittedly I haven't been
looking) that Microsoft has addressed the corporate customer's need
for security and IP control and the likelihood that they'll want to
keep things on their own storage network.

3. Tell him you'll let him and his developers edit your source when he
lets you edit theirs. ;-)

4. Point out to him that each profession has specialized tools to make
things easier and more efficient, and ask him if he thinks correcting
some minor typos is worth handicapping you. Tell him that his trying
to get you to work in Word rather than Frame is like you telling him
that his developers should all be working in Notepad rather than in an
IDE.

OK, #3 is a bit snarky, so unless you know him really well, I wouldn't
try it. My bet is on #4, but I'm betting there are others on this list
who can give you more cogent arguments.

Good luck with it. (As an aside, what IS it with people who don't work
as writers trying to tell writers what tools they should be using?)