Hi, all.

We use FrameMaker 10 and RoboHelp 9 in a Windows 7 environment.

If you manage many translations, how do you handle the online help?

In the past, in English only, we have produced a .chm file that currently is
linked only to the main page through a Help menu item. (If it matters for
translation considerations, I am pushing hard for context-sensitive help in the
future.)

Does your translation house take your FrameMaker files and your sample English
RoboHelp output, and generate the online help for you in all your translated
languages?

Or do you take the translated FM files and generate the translated help files
in-house?

I've done my Google research on this topic and found various sites providing
step-by-step instructions. The writeup I enjoyed most was this:

"Find a localization company who can demonstrate to your satisfaction that it
has done this before, and hand off the entire English version of your project -
.hpj, .hhc, .hhk, .htm/.html and, of course, the .chm. Then go back to your
regularly scheduled crisis. "

from

http://www.1-for-all.com/l10n_blog/labels/translation%20Robohelp.html

Is that basically how it works for you?

Thanks for any particular tips and hard-won insights you can provide!

--Nancy