Karen Robbins wrote:

> Some time ago I ran into trouble with the commas between index entry
> page numerals rendering in the wrong font. Rick kindly pointed me to
> the index reference page where I could format the style of index
> elements. It solved the problem at the time.
>
> Now index entry page numerals render in (default) 12 pt Times--not my
> format for IX levels--when I update the index. On the index reference
> page, if I format the " 1, 2--3" item to my style, it doesn't seem to
> have any effect on the body pages.

The "1,2-3" item is a SeparatorsIX paragraph. It's not enough to modify the
specific instance in the reference page IX flow -- you need to Update All (in
Paragraph Designer) to make your changes apply to all other instances.

That said, SeparatorsIX has nothing to do with the page numbers -- that's the
IndexIX paragraph format. But the same principle applies to it and to all the
other paragraph formats in the reference page IX flow. When you change the
formatting on the reference page, you must use Update All to apply that change
to the paragraph format definition and thus to all instances, not just the one
you changed.

HTH!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer