cynthia,
Excuse me if i sound ignorant, I didn't realize there was a Sharepoint to
convert to. Sharepoint is, according to the Sharepoint 2010 Walkthrough Guide:
"SharePoint 2010 is the business collaboration platform of choice for the
enterprise and the Internet."

It isn't a page layout or document processing tool, like FrameMaker, Word, and
others.

Converting FrameMaker to Sharepoint tell me they want all the documentation in
Microsoft Word. Word works well with Sharepoint. Large documents, especially as
you add tables and illustrations, typical for Manuals or User Guides, doesn't
work well in Word.

Your decision makes need to compare apples and apples, not apples and car
engines. More information is available at http://www.microsoft.com/sharepoint.
Get a copy of the Walkthrough Guide. Read the Introduction.