From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com [mailto:framers-bounces at
lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of dave.st...@gdc4s.com
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 4:39 AM
To: TechSubs at VibrantLivingMinistries.org; framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: Usage question - subjunctive mood? (WAS: anyone looking for a
writer?)

2013-04-08-01T11:40Z

Yes, "If I were looking . . . " is correct.  It conveys the concept of
"conditional, contrary to fact":  "I wasn't looking, but if I had been looking
. . .."

I choose to believe that those who might read or hear such an expression don't
consider it "hifalutin'" and accept it.  ?Who knows?  The reader or listener
might even learn something about the language.

Regards,
Dave Stamm
Information Engineer

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be
privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review,
forwarding, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or any
attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete it and all attachments
from your computer and network.