Maybe I used the wrong term "palette". Sorry if I can't keep track of
Adobe's UI terminology. Panel, pod, palette, pop-up... makes my head
spin.

I mean the boxes that allow you to view and change fonts globally in
the document. I thought that only shows the fonts actually being used
in the document.

I do not mean the paragraph catalog nor the whatever-it's-called that
displays all the fonts installed and available on a given
machine/system.

--Karen