meg miranda wrote:

> I just wanted to see how common it is to use imported text files in Frame
> books.
>
> Do you use this Frame feature?
> If so, do you use it to reuse or share text?
>
> Example---this tends to be my go to solution for copyright text in doc sets.?
> So we
> can have one file with the text from legal and then we can import it into the
> cover
> page of all 20 of our books.

Text insets are very common. I usually create text insets for all common files
in a book: Copyright, most of 'About this manual', safety, some Maintenance
sections.

Or did you mean actual .txt files? I've used those as well, to import loads of
'screen shots' from an old DOS-based application.

Harro de Jong
Triview