Hi Helen

Our books end up with thousands of hidden unresolved xrefs and they've never
been a problem.

If I'm reading this right, your TOC etc won't update, and you're blaming the
hidden unresolved xrefs. Right?

I think the hidden unresolved xrefs probably aren't the problem. What evidence
do you have that they are? Ie, exactly what errors does FM throw when you try
and do the update? Generated files can be a pain for a whole bunch of reasons.

Cheers
Rebecca

At 11:42 p.m. 20/02/2013, Shmuel Wolfson wrote:
>Are you sure it's not generating the TOC and index? It thought Frame updated
>whatever it could, even if some things were unresolved.

I was hoping that would be so, but so far it is not.  I'll persevere because
I'm not keen to throw the baby out with the bathwater by breaking the main
book.  The page (re)numbering is good, the conditionals work.  I just can't get
the update process to ignore the hidden unresolved cross-refs.  I guess there's
something I'm not seeing yet, to explain why the TOC and the index won't update.

Thanks,
Helen