> What if you also had to switch from US to UK spelling when you
switched from Letter to A4? What would be the most straightforward way
to handle that?

Variables. Then just define each variable as having the UK spelling in
your A4 template and the US spelling in your letter template.

The only painful thing is that you may have to define two variables per
word to capture cases with and without caps (e.g. "colour" and
"Colour").

I'd be asking the decision maker whether it's really worth it to
customise the spelling. Will it really affect your sales or reputation?

Another question is whether the product interface spelling changes with
location. You'd want to match it in the docs. We use US spelling
globally, in both the interface and the docs. No-one's ever complained.

Cheers
Rebecca

>>> Alison Craig <Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com> 22/02/13 07:11 >>>

Here?s a ?what if? scenario to layer on top of the Letter vs A4 sizing
issue (clever solution Nadine ? I?ll keep that in mind for my Service
Manual)?

What if you also had to switch from US to UK spelling when you switched
from Letter to A4? What would be the most straightforward way to handle
that?

Also, does anyone know the equivalent custom paper size ?fudge? for
switching between Tabloid (11x17) and the closest European paper size?

Alison