Thank you for the responses to my inquiry about a group that deals specifically
with aviation documentation.  There does not seem to be one.  Has anyone used a
FrameMaker plugin called Eclipse from Mekon, an English company.  The
FrameMaker plugin converts documents that currently follow ATA100 to ATA2200.
The result of this conversion is a more topic driven (task>subtask) structure.
The Eclipse plugin goes a long way to make the conversion pretty painless if
you have good templates to start with, which thankfully I do.

My question is with one of the changes this conversion requires.  ATA2200 does
not like pictures in you CMMs.  They want wire diagrams.  I have several
pictures currently in my CMMs to show the assembly and disassembly of a product
which is comprised of 60-80 different parts.  How in the world can they now
expect me to get wire diagrams to replace the pictures?  Has anyone else dealt
with this?  If I go to the engineering department and ask them to please
provide me wiring diagrams they are going to laugh at me.  I am starting to
think that I will just have to omit all my pictures and do a really good job on
the instructions.  It's just that there is nothing like a picture.

Thank you in advance

Clara Hall
Senior Technical Writer
[Aerospace Technologies Group]<http://www.atgshades.com/>
Aerospace Technologies Group
620 NW 35th Street | Boca Raton, FL 33431 | USA
Direct +1.561.244.7372 | Main +1.561.244.7400

website<http://www.atgshades.com/> |
vCard<http://www.dynasend.com/signatures/get.php/chall-at-atgshades.com.vcf> |
map<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=620+NW+35th+Street,+Boca+Raton,+FL+33431&hl=en&ll=26.382259,-80.095696&spn=0.031948,0.038066&z=15>
 |  LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/aerospace-technologies-group> |
email<mailto:chall at atgshades.com>

The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential, and
protected from disclosure. This message is intended for the individual or
entity addressed herein. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others; also please notify
the sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.