Karen Robbins wrote:

> I previously had Frame 9. When I chose "add files" to fill a new book,
> selected the files as a group, and clicked the "Add" button, the files
> appeared in the wrong order in the book window: half (files 1 through 5) were
> ascending and half (files 5 through 10) were descending. So in the book
> window, the files listed vertically were 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. I had
> to manually rearrange them.
>
> We recently moved to Frame 11. I just created a new book into which I imported
> my files for the new edition. Using the same steps, the files listed
> vertically are 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. And I still have to manually
> rearrange them.
>
> What causes this and how can I get the files to appear in ascending order
> without manual intervention?

I can't speak to FM 11, and I've never seen the "half and half" behavior. But I
recall that the order in which they appear is the reverse of the order in which
they're selected, with the exception of the first or last selected (I don't
recall which). And this was a Windows behavior, not an FM behavior. That is,
the same behavior occurred when selecting multiple files to add to an email
message, etc.

Try selecting in reverse order -- that is, select file 10 first and then
shift-click file 1.

HTH!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer