I really had a good time last evening and I just wanted to say thank you again
for the thoughtful gifts. I just hope you weren't all bored to tears by the
Doctor Who episode, which probably gave David Tennant the least screen time of
any episode he did, and that I didn't oversell the episode as one of my
all-time favorites. My only complaint is that I feel more than a bit wasted
from not enough sleep this morning because I *had* to get up by 7:30 to watch
both the German Formula 1 Grand Prix race and today's Tour de France stage in
the Pyrenees; many yawns this morning.

But I wanted to follow up on a couple of things that came up in conversation.

There are several brands of evaporative cooling cloth products (scarves,
towels, head bands, hat and helmet liners), but the two leading brands seem to
be Chill-Its (from a company called Ergodyne) and Frog Toggs, both of which are
available from Amazon. Some customer reviews for each product do have some
issues, but most reviewers seem to love the products (assuming that they are
real customers and not shills).

The beef rancher I was trying to think of is Simply Grazin, who actually raise
certified organic pork, veal, and poultry in addition to beef
(http://www.simplygrazin.com/about/). The 220 acre farm they lease is right on
Rt. 206 and Opossum Rd. in Skillman, just south of the Montgomery Blooms
nursery. They used to sell their products at the farm, but a couple of years
ago opened a retail shop on Rt 518 in Blawenburg under the name Mallery's
Grazin Meats (http://www.mallerysgrazinmeats.com/). Then they opened a second
shop in the Knightsbridge Center in Hillsborough (that office/shop complex
cattycorner from the Hillsborough Municipal Center and Library at South Branch
Rd. and Beeckman Rd.) where they also operate Mallery's Eatery
(http://eatery.mallerysgrazinmeats.com/), which serves breakfast and lunch
daily. The news item I saw was apparently they they are now expanding to serve
dinner one night a month with seating by reservation only--not too practical
for a no-advanced-planning type like me. I first became aware of their beef
when they were serving samples at a specialty foods festival that McCaffery's
put on under a tent in the P'ton shopping center courtyard a couple of years
ago, which Paul and Sara also went to. I've bought their meat at McCaffery's a
couple of times since then--good, but not really exceptional, and pretty
pricey. Maybe their retail meat shop might be a source for cooking suet (or
pork fat to render into fresh lard), since they get all their cuts directly
from the south Jersey organic meat processor/butcher they work with
(Bringhurst's in Berlin)?

Regarding Roku boxes for Ellen to stream video content from the Web to the TV,
there are a couple of options depending on how high the HD needs to be (I'm not
sure whether the TV is a 720p or 1080p). If the TV is only 720p, the most
cost-effective model is the $50 Roku LT
http://www.amazon.com/Roku-2450D-LT-Streaming-Player/dp/B008R7EVE4/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1373207796&sr=1-2&keywords=roku
which is even purple instead of black.
Or for $10 more, you can get the Roku HD, which adds an instant replay feature
on the remote and but has only purple highlights on a mostly black box
http://www.amazon.com/Roku-2500R-HD-Streaming-Player/dp/B007KEZMX4/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1373207796&sr=1-4&keywords=roku
If the TV is a 1080p screen, the same models will provide better-than-DVD
quality, but to get full HD one would need to move up to the $80 Roku 2 XD
http://www.amazon.com/Roku-XD-Streaming-Player-1080p/dp/B005CLPP8E/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1373207796&sr=1-3&keywords=roku
If the TV doesn't have an available HDMI connector (I should have looked...)
only the two lower cost, 720p models are relevant because they have RCA-type
video and stereo audio connectors (the 2 XD has only HDMI).