Thank you very much, Scott! I appreciate your feedback. When I was looking for
an image properties dialog, I came across the Anchored Frame dialog and you're
right, it does set the alignment attribute too.

I will report the bug to Adobe because I'd prefer to not have to set that for
each image!

Heather

Scott Prentice <sp10 at leximation.com> , 6/11/2013 3:34 PM:
                   Hi Heather...

       I believe that FM's default DITA support doesn't respond to
editing the image attributes directly (might work with some of       them).
Select the anchored frame and choose Special > Anchored       Frame, then
select the desired alignment. This will set the frame       alignment and
*should* set the alignment attribute as well. There       are a number of other
properties/attributes that work this way as       well. In general, it's set up
to use the "GUI" property setting       options rather than setting things via
attributes.

       You should be able set the default value in the EDD and the r/w
rules, and it should honor that when inserting the image. If it       doesn't,
that's definitely a bug.

       BTW .. DITA-FMx does these things properly.? :o

       Cheers,

       ...scott