Fred (and all),

Thanks for your help and input. Shortly after I submitted this question to the
list, I discovered a co-worker had misunderstood something in the conversion
process. After that was resolved, the process I mentioned is now producing
searchable text in the images as expected. I tried to recall the question I had
sent, but it got posted anyway. I do appreciate the responses though as I have
learned a lot from several folks who have responded to me publicaly and
privately. Thanks for everyone's help. I believe this issue is resolved now.

Thanks and regards,

Tim