From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Combs, Richard
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:39 AM
To: Shmuel Wolfson; Framers
Subject: RE: Feature Request - Print to File Warning

I strongly suggest that you reconsider your workflow instead. First, there is
no reason to print to file in order to create a PDF. If you're using a very old
version of FM or are still superstitious about using Save As PDF, simply select
Adobe PDF as your printer and leave Print to File turned off. You'll be
prompted to choose a file name and location, and your PDF will be created
directly by the same process as if you'd printed to a PostScript file and then
distilled it.

Second, it's a bad idea to keep changing printers from Adobe PDF to a physical
printer and back again, which generally causes the available fonts to change,
potentially affecting the formatting and pagination of the document.

If you're creating PDFs, print the PDFs, not the FM files. I recommend
installing the SetPrint plugin from sundorne.com, which makes Adobe PDF your
default printer in FM regardless of what you default printer is in Windows.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom