Thanks Fred, perfect! I now have a PDF file with links that work.

What a great list! :)

Elchanan

From: Fred Ridder [mailto:docu...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2013 4:39 PM
To: VLM TechSubs; framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: FM 8: Turn on hyperlinks in URLs

How are you generating your PDF? Are you printing to a PostScript file and then
distilling as per Robert Lauriston's recommended
workaround for your missing Adobe PDF printer issue?

If so, the key step he didn't mention is to make sure that the "Generate
Acrobat Data" option in the Print Book dialog is selected.
The "Acrobat data" this option is talking about includes bookmarks, hyperlinks
for ToC entries and cross-references, and functioning
hypertext commands like links to URLs. When you print to a physical printer,
none of that data is included in the PostScript because
it's meaningless to the output device. And if the data is not in the
PostScript, there's no way for the associated links to work in
the PDF. So when you're generating a PostScript file specifically to distill
into PDF, you need to tell FrameMaker to include the
link data.

-Fred Ridder

  _____