Hmmm, for my captures, this is not an issue -  for me, fixing the resolution
later is trivial. Assuming I need to do so.

Screen capture (any tool) always takes the pixels you want (regardless of that
setting in later versions of SnagIt), so this "setting" is just an
interpretation of how the pixels should be converted to inches when displayed,
I suppose.

I guess the main issue in that thread appears to be the slowdown in the
work-flow, since the file needs to be touched in an image editor to change that
setting.