Hello, Framers,

Just a quick note of thanks to the many of you who have shared your knowledge
and advice for so many years on this list!

As you can tell from my recent spate of messages, I’m doing a big cleanup of
templates and docs. I ran into an odd (to me) issue with the fonts. A font
appeared in the Fonts pod, and I could “locate” it, but even though the
FrameMaker toolbars showed that “something” was that font, there wasn’t any
content to see.

So I searched the Framers archives, and found the answer
(http://www.mail-archive.com/framers%40lists.frameusers.com/msg60721.html): the
font was in a now-non-existent para style in a table title. The style didn’t
appear in the actual .fm file (I’d deleted it many years ago), but when I saved
as MIF and opened the MIF in Notepad++, I found it. I deleted the element,
resaved as .fm, and everything’s gold!

So thanks for helping our the tech writing community!
-Monique