Or printing directly to PDF using the Adobe PDF virtual printer, which is the
method I've used for more than a decade.

-FR

________________________________
From: Framers <framers-bounces+docudoc=hotmail....@lists.frameusers.com> on
behalf of Alan Litchfield <a...@alphabyte.co.nz>
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 4:09 PM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: [Framers] Longtime Frame File suddenly cannot be printed to
postscript for PDF production

I think I would try redistilling the pdf using your current diver. So,
printing it to ps -> pdf or directly to pdf. Then reimport it and try again.

I can't remember what version of FM you are running, but the newer
versions have pretty good save to pdf functions now. What happens if you
save directly to pdf?

Good luck
Alan

On 1/09/16 7:07 am, Tammy Van Boening wrote:
> HI All,
>
> I have a series of 4 manuals for a longtime client, with each series having
> a unique graphic for the FrontCover.fm file. The graphic is a PDF with
> bleeding edges that is imported into an anchored frame on the first page of
> the two page file. For like a gazillion years, I have been able to print the
> entire book, including the FrontCover.fm file, to a  postscript file, and
> then distill this file to produce a PDF using just the Standard print job
> option. Now, all of a sudden - blam. . . when the print job starts, it gets
> stuck on the FrontCover.fm file and goes nowhere. It just spins and spins
> and I eventually have to kill the process. As I am using the Standard print
> job, I haven't changed a single setting and I am at a loss to understand why
> this has happened/what has happened. Of course, removing the Front cover
> file resolves the issue, but that isn't an option . .. this has to be part
> of the final  PDF production.
>
> Any and all thoughts are appreciated, including any settings that you could
> recommend providing.
>
> TIA,
>
> TVB
>

> Tammy Van Boening
> Owner/Principal
> Spectrum Writing, LLC
> www.spectrumwritingllc.com<http://www.spectrumwritingllc.com>
[http://spectrumwritingllc.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/linkedinlogo-sm.jpg]<http://www.spectrumwritingllc.com/>

Spectrum Writing - Spectrum Writing's Blog<http://www.spectrumwritingllc.com/>
www.spectrumwritingllc.com
Spectrum Writing offers technical writing and training consulting services for
a diverse range of industries, with an emphasis in: Software for the life and
physical sciences/biotechnology industries White papers for scientific
products, services, and reagents/consumables We specialize in developing
technical and training documentation and other deliverables that address the
full spectrum of the product development life cycle, including: ...

> TammyVB  *AT*  spectrumwritingllc  *DOT*  com

Dr Alan Litchfield
AlphaByte
PO Box 1941
Auckland, New Zealand 1140