Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 10:19:46 +0200

From: "Klaus Daube" <fr...@daube.ch<mailto:fr...@daube.ch>>

To: framers@lists.frameusers.com<mailto:framers@lists.frameusers.com>

Subject: [Framers] Tecom November 8-10, 2016 in Stuttgart

Dear all,

Reading in the conference programme I see this:

Tuesday, November 11: Adobe Systems GmbH:

Sneak Preview of the next FrameMaker Generation Stephan Gentz / Vivek Kumar

Has anybody heard whether beta-testing has already started? On the website
www.adobeprerelease.com<http://www.adobeprerelease.com> there is no notion of
FrameMaker.

I'm eager to know whether at least some of the issues from my long list
(presented during beta FM-13) have been addressed, for example:

- Will the UI cope with high density monitors?

- Awful dialogue for sorting in table revised?

- German quotation marks no more a "punctuation error"?

- ...

You may look at the full list at

http://www.daube.ch/zz_tests/FM-future-requirements.pdf

While new fancy features are certainly welcome by many of the (younger) users,
many old problems are overdue to be solved. And generally: a fault such the
awful dialogue mentioned should not happen at all ...

While running my English FM with fmres.dll for the German interface (to check
my Enhanced Tool bars ETB-FM13-de) I noticed that many fields - even constant
text - are to short for the German text. Is this a false observation?
Unfortunately the new dialogues in owlres.dll can not be checked without a
complete FM-installation.

Klaus, FrameMaker court jester

Docu + Design Daube; Sch?racher 11; CH-8053 Z?rich Technical documentation &
consultancy; On-line and paper

F: +41-44-422 86 25  E: d...@daube.ch<mailto:d...@daube.ch>  W:
www.daube.ch<http://www.daube.ch>